Collecting, Painting and Playing with Toy Soldiers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Orks in Tubes

So it begins. I have begun blogging about little mans. I've been pretty busy painting up some Vampire Counts lately, but for now I thought I'd post a model that I like quite a bit. This little fella earned me a Bronze at the Chicago Golden Demons this year after the Gold winner was disqualified for not reading the freakin' rules. I suppose it's cool to get the statue, but the circumstances make the whole thing feel a little hollow. Props to Karol Rudyk for his amazing entries. Next time come and enter them yourself. Anyway, I like the model, so I thought I'd post some pics while I figure out how this whole blogspot thing works.


The tube was way rushed (like the night before) and it shows. I certainly could tighten that up, and maybe stencil some letters or an Imperial aquila on the side. All in all, I'm pretty happy with ol' Snikrot himself though and the fallen Crimson Fist guy is alright too.

Looming on the horizon I'm sure I'll put up some Vampire Counts pics, as that's whats on my painting table currently for a work-time escalation league. After that, I'll be crackin' away at some Fire Dragons for my Eldar army in preparation for a Planetstrike campaign event in November and maybe some Exodite conversions for Adepticon 2010.

Until then,

JS

6 comments:

Fiend Without A Face said...

Vampires? That's craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. You 'finish' the Orks or are you still hacking away at them?

Blackcap said...

Oh hey dude. I'm definitely not done with Orks, but I've been staring at a mess of old metal Ghouls for a while now and I figured out a quick and dirty way to paint 'em that I like. I'll post some pics pretty soon. You don;t happen to have some of those old metal ones do you? I'd trade ye if you want to let 'em go.

AkersMinis said...

Wow beautiful model. Hopefully you will get some pics up soon of the vampires. Also always interested in the eldar stuff you knock out so im very interested on your take of the exodites. Definately put you on my blog roll at akersminis.

ahschmidt said...

Nice stuff with this diorama! I love the tones, and details on the metal of the pipe. I will have to keep an eye on your blog for sure!

--Aaron

xenite.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

More fishmen please.

And everything else.

TKKultist said...

Welcome to the Blog-osphere buddy! Followed a link in from Borer's site an man I am glad to see this. Once you get a few more posts up Ill be happy to plug this place through my own site www.lostinthewarp.com
TTYS
James Craig